Due to international expansion, we are hiring a General Manager for our new site in Belgium. This is the first key hire for our new Belgium site and the General Manager will take responsibility for the commercial, operational and technical management of the site. With ambitious growth targets, this is an exciting opportunity to expand the Q1 Scientific business into Belgium, where we will serve pharmaceutical companies across Germany, France, and the Netherlands.
Q1 Scientific provides environmentally controlled, stability storage services for the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Food Science industries across Ireland and Europe. Our purpose-built facility offers walk-in rooms and reach-in cabinets for sample storage at specific temperature and humidity conditions ranging from ultra-low freezers at -80°C to storage over 50°C.
Through our support of international pharmaceutical and medical device companies, we very much see Q1 Scientific as being part of a customer’s own operational and production chain. The healthcare products provided by these companies are vital and we are privileged to perform our part in the provision of those products to the global market.
The General Manager role
As the General Manager, you will work closely with Stephen Delaney, Managing Director of Stability Services. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the management of Stability Storage samples
- Supervision of operational staff, consultants and contractors
- Ensure that all company procedures are adhered to and that quality standards are maintained at all times, including all activities relating to Good Distribution Practices (assigned Designated Person)
- In conjunction with Quality, ensure all operations specified by the company QMS are managed to the highest quality and compliance standards and in accordance with cGMP standards
- Undertake any other duties deemed appropriate.
- As Designated Person, the General Manager has overall responsibility for all aspects of GDP (including approval of all investigations, change controls, sample management and the disposition of returned, rejected, recalled or falsified product).
- Overall responsibility for the management of the facility
- Assist with development, optimisation and validation of new equipment
General office administration
- Ensure maintenance of all administration paperwork
- Cost control and commercial contract management
Customer care and business development
- Ensure the maintenance and success of existing customers.
- Actively seek new clients and give high priority to introducing Q1 Scientific services to new customers
- Effectively develop and implement plans to achieve Group Company objectives
- Constant review/improvement of Operations and System
- Responsibility to report all critical financial information to Group Financial Controller
Health and safety
- Implement safety requirements as per site documentation including SOPs, Safety Statement and COPs
Requirements for the General Manager role
- Primary Degree in Science related discipline, preferably with post graduate qualifications.
- At lease five years’ management experience.
Hours of work
- Normal office hours are from – 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- There is some flexibility around these hours once all operations and opening hours are covered
- The General Manager is expected to be in office typically at least 3 days per week. With the remaining days working from home or visiting customers
- The Q1 Scientific office is located in Villers-le-Bouillet, Belgium
Why join Q1 Scientific?
Now is a good time to join us as business growth has been exceptional with a 900% capacity increase over the last 9 years, taking the total unit footprint to 30,000sqft. During the first half of 2023, Q1 Scientific is opening a new 20,000 sq ft cGMP facility in Belgium. As the General Manager, you will play a key role in growing our new Belgium site.
In 2020, Q1 Scientific won ‘Contract Services Company of the Year’ at the Pharma Industry Awards and was shortlisted for the same award last year. Earlier this year, Q1 Scientific was awarded ‘Business of the Year‘ at the Waterford Chamber Business Awards.
Q1 Scientific was acquired by Cambrex in June 2022. Cambrex is a leading global CDMO that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Cambrex’s team of over 2,200 experts has over 40 years of experience serving global clients from sites in North America and Europe. Thanks to the range of career prospects at Cambrex, there are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and progress your professional development.
In addition to a competitive salary, this role offers free onsite parking, benefits and training opportunities.