Q1 Scientific provides environmentally controlled stability storage services for pharmaceutical, medical device and life science companies across Ireland and Europe. Due to expansion, we are hiring a Senior Accountant to join our team in Waterford.
Through our support of international pharmaceutical and medical device companies, we very much see Q1 Scientific as being part of a customer’s own operational and production chain. The healthcare products provided by these companies are vital and we are privileged to perform our part in the provision of those products to the global market.
Our purpose-built facility in Waterford offers walk-in rooms and reach-in cabinets for sample storage at specific temperature and humidity conditions ranging from ultra-low freezers at -80°C to storage over 50°C.
We are seeking applicants for the position of Senior Accountant to join our team. This role will report directly to the Financial Controller and will be a pivotal role in our growing Finance department.
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts (reporting P&L, BS and Cashflows) and monthly reporting packs for two entities.
- Completing and submitting tax returns, including VAT / VIES / RTD / P30 / 46G regulatory returns.
- Mentor, lead and support two finance employees, providing appropriate training as required.
- Management of month end completion, including month end journals.
- Month end Sales invoice calculation
- Supporting company auditors, providing information as required and assisting in the year end audit process.
- Assist in the Annual Budget preparation.
- Cash flow Management
- Maintain fixed asset register, accruals and prepayments and lease schedules.
- Management of monthly payroll and monthly pension.
- Provide ad hoc support to the finance team.
The successful candidate
- The successful candidate will be an ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified accountant, ideally with at least 2 years post-qualification experience.
- Ability to work on own initiative, comfortable managing own time and prioritising workload.
- Strong financial acumen and commercial awareness.
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Team player who will be a key part of a smaller office environment (16 people)
- SAP experience is preferable but not essential.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel & Word
Hours of Work
- This is a full time, permanent position
- Hours are 8.30am to 5pm, Monday – Friday
Why join Q1 Scientific?
Now is a good time to join Q1 Scientific as business growth has been exceptional with a 900% capacity increase over the last 10 years, taking the total unit footprint across Waterford and Belgium to 50,000 sq ft.
- In 2020, Q1 Scientific won ‘Contract Services Company of the Year’ at the Pharma Industry Awards and was shortlisted for the same award in 2021 and 2023. In 2021, Q1 Scientific was awarded ‘Business of the Year‘ at the Waterford Chamber Business Awards and shortlisted for the same award in 2023.
- Q1 Scientific was acquired by Cambrex in June 2022. Cambrex is a leading global CDMO that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Cambrex’s team of over 2,200 experts has over 40 years of experience serving global clients from sites in North America and Europe. Thanks to the range of career prospects at Cambrex, there are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and progress your professional development.
- Earlier this year Q1 Scientific opened a second European stability storage facility in Europe. This expansion into Belgium complements Q1 Scientific’s existing footprint in Waterford, Ireland, and is consistent with Cambrex’s strategy to expand its portfolio of specialised solutions for pharmaceutical development and manufacturing across North America and Europe.
In addition to a competitive salary, this role offers free onsite parking, benefits and training opportunities.
To apply, please send your CV to Karrena.Legg@cambrex.com
At this time we are not taking any applications from external recruitment agencies.