Q1 Scientific provides environmentally controlled, stability storage services for the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Life Science industries across Ireland and Europe. Due to expansion, we are recruiting for two Operations Technicians to join our team in Waterford.
Through our support of international pharmaceutical and medical device companies, we very much see Q1 Scientific as being part of a customer’s own operational and production chain. The healthcare products provided by these companies are vital and we are privileged to perform our part in the provision of those products to the global market.
Our purpose-built facilities in Waterford and Belgium, offer walk-in rooms and reach-in cabinets for sample storage at specific temperature and humidity conditions ranging from ultra-low freezers at -80°C to storage over 50°C.
This Operations Technician position in Waterford offers the opportunity to build your experience across operations, maintenance and quality. Working as part of a busy Operations team, you will report to the Stability Lead while performing sample management activities.
- Receive and check customer deliveries to Q1 Scientific, highlighting any anomalies and ensuring secure, correct and timely storage of such deliveries in line with customer requirements, regulatory and quality guidelines
- Take responsibility for retrieval, packing and delivery of samples back to customers
- Perform daily checks on stability cabinets/room conditions
- Complete equipment calibrations, temperature and humidity mapping (training will be provided)
- Ensure the facility is kept clean and equipment and maintenance schedules are maintained as specified by QMS
- Liaise with external consultants and contractors
- Provide general admin support and any other duties as may be required
- Collecting, loading, delivery and return of samples to customer sites throughout Ireland
- Co-ordinating with the Operations team to ensure delivery deadlines are adhered to
- Ensuring paperwork is correct for each delivery
- Driving company vehicle in a courteous and safe manner with regard to other road users and in accordance with road legislation, company policies and procedures
- Ensure that all activities meet the quality standards specified by the Q1 Scientific QMS and in accordance with cGMP standards
- Review completed documents for compliance to specification and to ensure all entries are complete
- Produce and manage quality reports around deviations
The successful candidates
The ideal candidates will have 2 + years’ work experience in a temperature-controlled storage environment (retail or warehouse), regulated manufacturing or pharmacy environment with:
- Experience working to standard operating procedures in a regulated environment (this is desirable and not essential)
- Previous experience in picking and packing materials
- Experience using an inventory management system
- The ability to complete quality documentation/reports
- A full clean driving licence
You must have a good attention to detail with:
- Advanced level Microsoft Word and Excel skills with the ability to produce graphs and reports
- A good work ethic and be willing to work as part of a team or on your own initiative
- A positive attitude to work and a willingness to take ownership of projects
Hours of Work
- This is a full-time, permanent position
- Hours are 8.30 am to 5 pm Monday – Friday, with some requirement to work outside of these hours.
Why join Q1 Scientific?
Now is a good time to join Q1 Scientific as business growth has been exceptional with a 900% capacity increase over the last 10 years, taking the total unit footprint across Waterford and Belgium to 50,000 sq ft.
- In 2020, Q1 Scientific won ‘Contract Services Company of the Year’at the Pharma Industry Awards and was shortlisted for the same award in 2021 and 2023. In 2021, Q1 Scientific was awarded ‘Business of the Year‘ at the Waterford Chamber Business Awards.
- Q1 Scientific was acquired by Cambrex in June 2022. Cambrex is a leading global CDMO that provides drug substance, drug product and analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Cambrex’s team of over 2,200 experts has over 40 years of experience serving global clients from sites in North America and Europe. Thanks to the range of career prospects at Cambrex, there are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and progress your professional development.
- In 2023, Q1 Scientific opened a second European stability storage facility in Europe. This expansion into Belgium complements Q1 Scientific’s existing footprint in Waterford, Ireland, and is consistent with Cambrex’s strategy to expand its portfolio of specialised solutions for pharmaceutical development and manufacturing across North America and Europe.
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary, this role offers benefits such as
- Family health insurance
- Excellent pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Career development and training opportunities
- Free onsite parking
To apply, please send your CV to Careers.CQW@cambrex.com
At this time we are not taking any applications from external recruitment agencies.