Q1 Scientific provides environmentally controlled, stability storage services for the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Food Science industries across Ireland and Europe. Due to expansion we are hiring an Operations Technician to join our team in Waterford.
Through our support of international pharmaceutical and medical device companies, we very much see Q1 Scientific as being part of a customer’s own operational and production chain. The healthcare products provided by these companies are vital and we are privileged to perform our part in the provision of those products to the global market.
Our purpose-built facility in Waterford, offers walk-in rooms and reach-in cabinets for sample storage at specific temperature and humidity conditions ranging from ultra-low freezers at -80°C to storage over 50°C.
The Operations Technician role offers the opportunity to build your experience across operations, maintenance and quality. Working as part of a busy Operations team, you will report to our Stability Lead while performing sample management activities.
The role – Operations Technician, Waterford
- Receive and check customer deliveries to Q1 Scientific, highlighting any anomalies and ensure secure, correct and timely storage of such deliveries in line with customer requirements, regulatory and quality guidelines
- Take responsibility for retrieval, packing and delivery of samples back to customers
- Perform daily checks on stability cabinets/room conditions
- Complete equipment calibrations, temperature and humidity mapping (training will be provided)
- Ensure the facility is kept clean and equipment and maintenance schedules are maintained as specified by QMS
- Liaise with external consultants and contractors
- Provide general admin support and any other duties as required
- Ensure that all activities meet the quality standards specified by the Q1 Scientific QMS and in accordance with cGMP standards
- Review completed documents for compliance to specification and to ensure all entries are complete
- Produce and manage quality reports around deviations
The successful candidate
The ideal candidate will have 2 + years’ work experience in a temperature controlled storage environment (retail or warehouse), manufacturing or pharmacy environment with:
- Experience working to standard operating procedures in a regulated environment (this is desirable and not essential)
- Previous experience in picking and packing materials
- Experience using an inventory management system
You must have:
- Good IT skills – email, Microsoft Excel, Word and data entry (essential)
- A good work ethic and be willing to work as part of a team or on your own initiative
- A positive attitude to work and a willingness to take ownership of projects
Hours of Work
- This is a full time, permanent position based in Waterford
- Hours of work are 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday – Friday, with the occasional requirement to work outside of these hours
Why join Q1 Scientific?
Now is a good time join us as business growth has been exceptional with a 900% capacity increase over the last 8 years, taking the total unit footprint to 20,000sqft.
In 2020, Q1 Scientific was announced winner of the ‘Contract Services Company of the Year’ at the Pharma Industry Awards and was shortlisted for the same award last year.
Recently, Q1 Scientific was awarded ‘Business of the Year‘ and Founder, Louise Grubb was awarded ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ at the Waterford Chamber Business Awards.
In addition to a competitive salary, this role offers free onsite parking, benefits and training opportunities.
Apply for the Operations Technician job in Waterford
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 27th May 2022.